TapHunter Podcasts, Episode 2: Mark Slater, Beverage Director of Slater’s 50/50, joins us to discuss his soon-to-be 7 locations and the 650 taps in them – as well as the business of beer!
Andy “The Beerman” Coppock interviews Mark Schultz, Beverage Director of Slater’s 50/50 about the business of beer. Mark manages the beverage program for 5 soon to be 7 locations and over 650 taps. Listen for all the details about the new Slater’s location as well as the different concept Mark and Scott Slater are brewing up. You don’t want to miss this interview!
- Mark’s start with Pete’s Wicked Ale
- Champion Flair Bartender
- IPA style and his guilty pleasure beer
- Hundreds of beers at Slater’s establishments
- Motto: There’s a beer for everybody
- LA craft scene
- Day to day challenges of managing a rotating beverage program
- “It’s not gonna slow down like it did in the 90s, it’s here to stay this time” Mark on the lack of a bursting bubble
- The demand for quality by the consumer
- Session beers
- The shared communal feeling about craft beer
- Slater’s expansion plans
- New location in North Park with craft meats, food pairings, etc
Selected Links from Episode 2
- Slater’s 50/50
- Pete’s Wicked Ale
- Flair Bartending | Wikipedia
- Port Hop-15
- Los Angeles craft beer scene
- Session Beers | BeerAdvocate
- Pilsener Beers | BeerAdvocate
- Beverage program management tools from TapHunter
Who would you like to hear from next?
Please email any Podcast interview suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.