TapHunter Radio, Episode 4: Nick Crandall, Innovation Brewer for Redhook Brewery – topics include the pioneering nature of Redhook all the way back to 1981 and more!
Andy “The Beerman” Coppock interviews Nick Crandall, innovation brewer at Redhook Brewery about the business of beer. Nick is in charge experimenting with ingredients as part of Redhook’s R&D department. He talks with us here at TapHunter Radio about his start washing kegs a brewpub, where Redhook has come three decades after its inception, and much more!
- Gold Medal at World Beer Cup in English Pale Ale
- Audible Ale is official beer of Dan Patrick Show
- Nick as the Innovation Brewer of Redhook
- “America is hops hungry”
- Nick’s start in the industry washing kegs at a brewpub
- Gateway into homebrewing
- Transition to brewing at Redhook
- Redhook as pioneer going back to 1981
- Multiple brewing facilities in the industry
- Growth of craft beer in the next few years
- Lack of brand loyalty
Selected Links from Episode 4
- RedHook Brewery
- World Beer Cup Gold Medal for Redhook Audible Ale (Category 68: Classic English-Style Pale Ale)
- Dan Patrick Show
- Boundary Bay Brewery
- Rogue Shakespeare Stout
- Redhook Double Black Stout
- Altbier | BeerAdvocate
- Contract is Not a Dirty Word in Brewing | CraftBeer.com
Who would you like to hear from next?
Please email any Podcast interview suggestions to email@example.com