Mobile Marketing Stats & Checklist for Bar Owners
2014 Mobile Marketing Stats & Checklist for Bar Owners
It is rare these days to find someone without their cell phone in arms reach, so when it comes to making a decision on where to eat and drink guess where people turn? There cell phones of course! It is quick and easy for the customers, but it could pose a problem for the bars and restaurants if they are not easily found via mobile. So how can bars and restaurants ensure they are not only found on mobile, but that they are place the customer ultimately decides to go to? Not to worry! TapHunter has created a short checklist for bar and restaurant owners so they can guarantee they are capitalizing on these mobile trends!
First, here are some stats that highlight the mobile trend & will blow your mind!
Mobile is taking over:
- 91% of all people on earth have a mobile phone
- 80% of mobile time is spent in apps
- 60% of social media time is on a mobile device
Mobile is the #1 helper when making decision:
- 81% of mobile consumers have searched for a bar/restaurant via their mobile device
- 88% of consumers who search for a local business on a mobile device call or go into that business within 24 hours
- 74% of consumers rely on social media to influence their purchasing decisions
Takeaway: you need to be easily found via mobile search, apps and social media
Customers demand an updated menu at their fingertips:
- 80% of consumers say it’s important to see menus before making a bar/restaurant decision
- 84% of mobile consumer look at more than one online menu when they are making a bar/restaurant decision
- 62% are less likely to choose a restaurant if they can’t read the menu on their mobile device
Takeaway: your menu needs to be available via mobile and always up-to-date
If you can check all of these off you doing a great job capitalizing on the mobile trends! If not don’t worry! There are some easy fixes for all of these.