TapHunter is a fast growing technology startup that sits in the middle of mobile, social and web technology in the beverage industry. We were recently mentioned in TIME, New York Times, Travel + Leisure, Forbes.com and named one of San Diego’s coolest startups by Business Insider. We’re building products that help connect people and places in hopes of making the world of craft beer and premium spirits easier to explore… and we could use your help.
We are looking for a San Diego based office manager/executive assistant to work out of our downtown office. You will have a strong desire for creating memorable experiences for employees, customers, friends and visitors, all while having the ability to strongly multi-task.
You will work directly with our CEO and senior team, keeping them organized, on time, and prepared for their day to day activities. You will also oversee our office vendors for things like snacks, office supplies, and deliveries to make sure we are keeping our team smiling and the office running smoothly.
Why work at TapHunter:
- Make an impact. We’re growing quickly and anyone who comes in now will have a direct and measurable impact on the organization.
- We have vision. We’re a team that works hard and is committed to the vision of using technology to improve the inefficiency that exist in the beverage industry.
- We have fun. Enjoy frequent company happy hours, beer/whiskey tastings and good ol’ fashion team bonding. You will have fun. We’re an exciting and fast pace company located downtown San Diego, in the middle of it all.
What you’ll be doing:
Managing the day-to-day operations of the office, including:
- Upkeep tidiness of communal office spaces: break room, lobby area, kitchen, etc.
- Managing vendors for food, cleaning, office supplies, insurance, internet, electricity, etc.
- Keeping files up to date in Dropbox
- Ordering office supplies and equipment
- Shipping and receiving
- Executive assistance, including calendaring meetings and trips
- Scheduling job candidate interviews and office visits
- Orienting new employees and processing paperwork
- Running payroll and processing sales commissions
- Bookkeeping and QuickBooks entry
- Managing employee perks and reimbursements
- Organizing team events, including retreats and dinners
- Ad-hoc support to other staff members and departments as necessary. For example, helping with marketing team projects and support team projects.
- Assisting Sales Team with monthly Excel document tracking and updating
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with general accounting procedures
- Experience with payroll, Quickbooks, expense reporting, inventory
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Strong oral and written communications skills along with being articulate, courteous and friendly
- Ability to be self-motivated, detail oriented, and have the ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Strong problem solving skills and reasoning to solve administrative issues
- Ability to be flexible and work independently, as well as a member of a team
- Previous experience at a startup as a receptionist, office manager, office administrator, executive assistant or similar administrative role
- Brownie points if you like craft beer, fitness, a mean cup of coffee, and shuffle board
- Days often end with a few pints
- Tickets to beer festivals, tastings, dinners and more
- Catered breakfast twice a month
- 2 weeks of PTO
- 9 paid holidays
- Monthly parking allowance
- Supplemental Health/Dental insurance
Work alongside smart and interesting people:
Next Steps: APPLY HERE
Provide details in your cover letter on what interests you about the beverage and/or startup industry. Generic cover letters will be ignored.
Give us a chance to get to know you. There are 3 questions as a part of the application process. Please answer thoughtfully as this is your chance to provide a GREAT first impression. Give us a sense of who you are!