The Business of Beer with Against the Grain Brewery Co-Founder, Jerry Gnagy
The Business of Beer, Episode 62: Against the Grain Brewery Co-Founder, Jerry Gnagy
In this episode of the Business of Beer with Andy “The Beerman” Coppock, we are joined by Against the Grain Brewery Co-Founder, Jerry Gnagy. He joins us to talk about how they started, their particularly clever beer names and descriptions, what their plans are for the future, and much more!
– Before we get into some of the packaging and names, how and when did you guys start Against the Grain?
– What was your background before that?
– Where did you get your start and passion for beer?
– Was there a particular beer that started you on this nefarious path?
– Obviously you and your partners Sam Cruz, Adam Watson, and Andrew Ott are pretty irreverent. Was it a meeting of the minds or did you find out about the dark side of your personalities after you started the brewery?
– Let’s look at some of the beer names: Reinheitsgefekjaself, Sam & Adams Bossin Lager, Aunt Claudine’s Salty Melons. Where do you come up with these?
– Who writes the descriptions? Because they are EPIC!
– How about Brown Note, which featured one of the more controversial cans (pun intended) around.
– You operate a restaurant as well-Against the Grain Brewery & Smokehouse. I see a lot of smoked or smoky beers in your portfolio…Coincidence or Confluence?
– On the business side, do you plan on following the expansion path…production brewery, expanded distro, world domination?
– What kind of trouble do you have planned for the future?
Who would you like to hear from next?
Please email any Podcast interview suggestions to email@example.com
Did you enjoy this podcast? If so please leave a short review on iTunes by clicking here and then opening in iTunes.
Bars and Restaurants – Want to save hours daily, drive thirsty patrons through your door and create an engaging experience for your customers? Learn more about how TapHunter can help your business today!