The Business of Beer, Episode 35: Colby Chandler – Vice President / Specialty Brewer of Ballast Point
In this episode of the Business of Beer with Andy “The Beerman” Coppock, we are joined by Vice President / Specialty Brewer at Ballast Point Brewing Co., Colby Chandler. Colby joins us to talk about the brewery’s R&D program, how Sculpin IPA was created, and of course…Colby’s thoughts about the $1 Billion acquisition. This is a must listen!
– How long have you been with Ballast Point?
– What was your background before Ballast Point?
– What was your inspiration to get into craft beer?
– A lot has changed in the industry over the past 20 years. What was it like from the inside?
– How did the R&D project at Ballast come about?
– How does the recipe creation happen to brew that many beers from one facility?
– How many of the R&D beers made it into wider distribution?
– What’s your favorite beer you guys have produced?
– What is your go to beer or beer style?
– Do you have a guilty pleasure beer?
– How did Sculpin IPA come about?
– Ballast Point recently got acquired by Constellation Brands for $1 Billion. How did that come about?
– What kind of backlash are you seeing from that?
– From a day to day perspective, what changes?
– Why is it different than Saint Archer, Golden Road or Elysian?
– Where do you see what we call craft in 5-10 years?
Who would you like to hear from next?
Please email any Podcast interview suggestions to email@example.com