The Business of Beer with Ray Daniels – the founder and director of the Cicerone Certification Program!
The Business of Beer, Episode 20: Ray Daniels – the founder and director of the Cicerone Certification Program!
In this episode of the Business of Beer with Andy “The Beerman” Coppock, the founder and director of the Cicerone Certification Program, Ray Daniels joins us to talk about his Cicerone Certification program, which has certified over 50,000 people around the world. He also talks about the differences between it and the Sommelier programs, his “aha” moment in beer, what he thinks about the ‘Craft Beer Bubble’ and much more.
- How did you get started with Craft Beer?
- What’s your background prior to that?
- Was there a particular beer or beer style that gave you that “aha” moment?
- What is the Cicerone Program and how did it start? Why “Cicerone”?
- What are the various levels in the program?
- One of the things I like about Cicerone as opposed to many Sommelier programs is that it’s still mostly self study as opposed to “buy our books and take our classes” and we’ll certify you. Was there a particular reasoning for that?
- Chicago is rapidly become a mecca for craft beer, what do you attribute that to?
- What’s your ‘go to’ beer or beer style?
- Do you have a guilty pleasure beer?
- With consolidations and buyouts by the mega brewers, what’s next for Craft?
- We’ve been hearing talk of a ‘Craft Beer Bubble’ for a few years now, do you put any stock in that?
- How do you see technology and social media’s influence on the Craft Beer Movement?
- Speaking of social media, where can people find you on Twitter?
- Where can our listeners learn more about the Cicerone program?
Who would you like to hear from next?
Please email any Podcast interview suggestions to email@example.com