Last Updated: January 31, 2014
1. Contacting Us. If you have any questions or concerns or, or if you want to report any security violations to us, please contact us at the following:
Attention: Legal Department
101 West Broadway, Suite 1120 San Diego, CA 92101
3. Unauthorized Use. The Site is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from, persons under the age of 21. If you are under 21 years of age and have entered the Site by providing a false date of birth, you must immediately leave the Site. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY YOU SUBMIT PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US IF YOU ARE UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE. WE ARE COMMITTED TO COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE REGULATIONS, LAWS, AND RULES, INCLUDING THOSE ISSUED BY THE BEER MARKETING INSTITUTE AND COPPA.
5. Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, phone number, and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
- If you use our Services on your mobile device, including through our Application(s), we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can either reinstall the Application(s) or deactivate GPS on your mobile device.
- Our mobile homepage lets you store preferences like your location. We may associate these choices with your ID or the mobile device, and you can edit these preferences at any time on our mobile homepage.
- When connecting to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- Certain Services may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
- When you order products or services on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, billing information, and shipping information. This information may be shared with third parties who help process and fulfill your purchases. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments, or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see it, along with your profile photo and any other information that you choose to make public on your public profile page (“Profile”).
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional information.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding Services support.
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or giveaway on our Site, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or home number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
(c) Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements around the Site, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs.
- Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt out of tracking on our Site.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application(s). This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Application(s), and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application(s) crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application(s). This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual.
(d) Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone, we collect your location information. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable location services on your phone.
6. Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
• facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
• identify you as a user in our system;
• provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
• provide the Services you request;
• improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
• send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of your e-mail address;
• send you administrative e-mail notifications;
• respond to your inquiries;
• send promotional materials related to our Services and for marketing purposes.
(b) User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city and other information.
(c) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
(a) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to us. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by us.
9. Your Choices Regarding Your Information.
(a) Email Communications. We will periodically send you e-mails that promote the use of our Site or Services. When you receive such e-mails, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly. Despite your indicated e-mail preferences, we may send you service related communications.
(b) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service.
(c) De-Linking SNS. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook) linked to your Account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the “preferences” section in your account settings. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account or mobile device.
(d) Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your Account by contacting us or by editing your Account. If you delete all of your Personal Information, then your Account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
(e) Applications. You can stop all collection of information by the Application(s) by uninstalling the Application(s). You may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by disabling location services on your phone.
10. Security of Your Personal Data. TapHunter is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.